So what’s this job all about? To provide an efficient and accurate payroll administration and to support the HR team in developing, managing, monitoring and reviewing communication, performance, reward and recognition, relations and resourcing, corporate recruitment and other HR related organisational matters, both internally and externally promptly and efficiently.
Key responsibilities include:
- To timely provide the monthly Dutch payroll administration including integrating all information on any new starters, leavers, overtime, holiday pay calculations, sickness absence, or other kind of changes in salary with mutations needed for payroll purposes
- To produce employment contracts and all related confirmation letters for all our Continental staff, chasing references and providing inductions for all new starters
- To monitor probation period reviews and appraisals/job chats, send appropriate forms to managers and chase accordingly
- To monitor temporary contracts, inform managers and chase accordingly
- To administrate all absence-related matters and offer assistance in reintegration programs
- To arrange training applications and provide training-related support documents
- To deal with employee requests like mortgage and rental reference requests and completing benefit agency forms;
- To produce all Continental anniversary-related communication
- To update and maintain the staff database and provide statistical HR reports when required
- To administratively close off employment after resignations;
- To support the recruitment process by structuring communication, providing and placing vacancies, and arranging appointments and related administration
- To take part in Human Resources-related projects and provide assistance, views, and feedback when required
- To contribute to the continuous improvement and efficiency of HR systems and practices
Who are we?
At P&O Ferrymasters, you will be joining a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics, and supply chain solutions. We’re part of P&O Ferries – owned by DP World – and work across road, rail, and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management, and Assets Business Units.
Our 800+ people, drawn from over 30 nations, represent the largest and most experienced team of multi-modal experts in Europe, dedicated to managing trade flows.
Who are you?
As HR & Payroll Administrator you take responsibility, operate efficiently and accurately, and integrity is of the utmost importance.
- have a recognized professional Human Resources or Payroll qualification or equivalent degree
- have at least 3 years of experience in a Human Resources environment, preferably in the Logistics sector
- have up-to-date knowledge in Payroll, Labour law, and HR-related trends
- have strong communication and organizational skills
- have excellent command of the English language, extra languages are preferred
- possess excellent Microsoft Office skills
- are a real team player
- are in possession of own transportation as our location is not accessible by public transport
P&O Ferrymasters offers a competitive package in line with the content of the job role.
Time to act
Do you have what we’re looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now’s the time to let us know! Please apply with your CV and cover letter as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!