Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced Planners and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
Your roleAs Assistant Transport Planner you will be responsible for a correct settlement of all transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative, commercial and operational activities of the intermodal product, within the Trailer Business Unit.
You will also be responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the Customers, or the Customer Service department, rail and trucking suppliers, and operational departments, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Administrative and communicative support to the Transport Planners;
- Making sure that all changes, delays, extra costs and / or calamities are communicated to the customers, or the Customer Service department, who will inform the customers;
- Confirming, or taking care of confirmation of the above to the trucking supply;
- Checking data after loading and comparing this data with booking details;
- Commercial support to customers directly, and to internal customer service teams, including spot load chasing;
- Optimisation of company trains;
- Minimisation of empty kilometres from delivery to collection (over time, after training program);
- Optimisation of available trucking supply (over time, after training program).
As Assistant Transport Planner you are eager to learn at fast pace, take responsibility, possess excellent communication skills, and can work independently.
- Are educated to a minimum of Bachelor-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics);
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role;
- Have good command of Polish and English language (additionally command of Czech language is preferred);
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- Are customer orientated and have good topographical knowledge.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment in a brand new office