Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. The team consists of experienced employees and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
In this job role you will be a consultant and subject matter expert that works within our Business Units on the development of new products and generation of new business within defined strategic growth areas. You'll be challenged to improve and grow our business, by fostering and developing relationships with customers, suppliers and other partners.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Developing and leveraging constructive relationships with external stakeholders, gaining access to key decision-makers
- Lobbying for and representing the company and its best interests with industry firms, government agencies and regulatory bodies
- Defining and selling innovative value propositions that underpin the development strategy within the Business Units
- Leading projects and feasibility studies supporting or defining strategic business targets
- Negotiating deals with external stakeholders
- Acting as consultant to Key Customer Accounts ensuring development of large-scale or strategic business opportunities
- Building and maintaining a professional network that enables opportunities to be identified, qualified, developed and closed.
But on that first morning before you get down to work…we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a coffee. That will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style.Who you are
As Business Development Manager, you have significant experience in developing business opportunities within a customer-facing Logistics environment. You know how to get things done in a structured and timely manner. You are creative and possess good communication, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Have a completed Bachelor degree in Logistics Management
- Have at least three years of relevant work experience in the logistics field, with focus on developing business
- Have a commercial drive
- Have strong affinity towards, knowledge of and interest in the European transport market; knowledge in the field of intermodal transport is preferred
- Are a real team player
- Have good command of Hungarian and English language – other languages are preferred.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment.