Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced Control Tower Operators and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As Control Tower Operator / Logistics Planner you form a crucial part of this team and share in the responsibility to deliver an ultimate customer experience to our blue-chip customer and its customers in terms of unparalleled customer service and operational excellence.
You work in an international, dynamic and sometimes hectic environment where you continuously interact with the customers’ business units, the service suppliers, the entire internal organisation and your team members to ensure the most optimal and efficient execution of the customers’ orders. You will experience great levels of freedom and responsibility and will be stimulated to share your ideas and thoughts and interact with control tower colleagues working for other multinational companies.
Other ker responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day contact with several customer brand sites throughout Europe handling their daily requests and transport needs
- Day-to-day contact with the planning departments of a wide variety of logistics service providers to manage and monitor the pending shipments
- Act and react towards the customers, local warehouses and with the logistics services providers’ planning desk to avoid any disruptions in the transport process
- Consolidate and manage shipments with an open mind to find possible savings opportunities on routes
- Pro-actively handle and resolve day-to-day operational issues and challenges whenever they occur.
As Control Tower Operator / Logistics Planner you take responsibility, ownership and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics)
- Have specific experience in and / or affinity with transport management
- Have an eye for detail and good organisational skills (i.e. setting priorities and meeting deadlines)
- Are service oriented and determined to always exceed customer expectations
- Are stress resistant and able to work in an energetic environment
- Are a real team player
- Are able to fluently communicate in Dutch and English (both verbally and in writing) – German is preferred.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Option to buy extra leave days.