Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced Control Tower Operators and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organization a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As Control Tower Supervisor you are acting as back up for the Control Tower Manager and you are responsible to supervise the Control Tower teams, taking into account the competencies of the staff involved and to achieve optimal results with the teams and to provide a pleasant working climate for all employees.
You are also responsible to manage and contribute to a correct settlement of all transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities and to maintain a correct and timely flow of communication between staff, customers and carriers, in the order to achieve optimal performance and maximim return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- To educate and to assist the Control Tower team in their tasks and activities to obtain an optimal workflow in the department
- To be responsible for the customer services for all accounts within the Control Tower, focussing on Key Accounts
- To maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across Europe
- To ensure tight performance monitoring for all relevant customer movements
- To inform, execute and raise awareness on customer (KPI’s) to Control Tower teams, carriers and all parties involved
- To initiate (continuous improvement) projects as well as guaranteeing its success through continuous monitoring
- To safeguard data-integrity amongst the Control Tower team by checking the display of correct data and orders in the booking system
- To execute / support customer tenders as per contract agreement
- To ensure high levels of productivity and efficiency through automation, motivation, coaching and cross-training.
As Control Tower Supervisor you take responsibility and possess excellent leadership and coordinating skills.
- Are educated to a Bachelor level or equivalent (preferably in logistics) and /or have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Have vast experience in Transport (experience in road transport is preferred)
- Have vast experience in Customer Service
- Have good command of Dutch and English language - other European languages are preferred
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Option to buy extra leave days.