Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. The team consists of experienced colleagues and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers. As Corporate European Sales Manager you'll be a key member of the Sales Leadership Team and report directly into the General Manager Sales.
Working within the Pan-European sales region, the key purpose of this role is to acquire good quality new business from existing and potential Blue Chip customers, whilst ensuring that revenue opportunities are always maximised. You will have the ability to establish and build trusting relationships with existing and new customers at various levels, particularly senior management, along with a strong ability to influence, negotiate and make key decisions.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Playing an active part in the company’s commercial development and contributing innovative ideas for the development of the Pan-European businesses within the Freight Management, Intermodal, and Trailer Business Units
- Establishing close relationships with existing and new key customers, ensuring that all potential business opportunities are explored
- Offering sustainable solutions that create real value to the most senior-level executives in the customer community
- Promoting transparent communication and involvement of all levels of staff within the business, to enhance a sense of unity
- Meeting challenges of the future by being on top of market and customer developments and trends, with the aim of shaping a desirable and time resilient customer value proposition
- Representing the company at various customer and prospect related platforms
- Close cooperation with the company’s European tender desk.
But on that first morning before you get down to work…we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a coffee. That will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style.Who you are
As Corporate Sales Manager you must have significant experience in the commercial process at a strategic level. You are highly motivated to acquire new strategic business, and at the same time will perfectly understand the fit with internal business needs and goals.
- Have a recognized professional Commercial and/or Logistics management qualification or equivalent degree
- Have at least 10 years of work experience in an international environment in all areas of the Logistics industry
- Have a strong track record in selling logistic solutions to Blue Chip clients
- Have strong communication skills and innovative mindset
- Have influencing and negotiating skills
- Are a self-starter with excellent organisational skills
- Possess excellent presentation skills and use of PowerPoint and/or Prezi;
- Fluently speak English, and preferably also German
- Are willing to travel on regular basis (60% of working week) in order to visit (potential) European customers.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Option to buy extra leave days
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment in a brand new office.