Join the team that drives your logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced employees and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As Customs Consultant you will be responsible for assuring customs activities are in accordance with customs rules & regulations. To ensure customs declarations are processed in a timely manner and ensuring any queries are dealt with as soon as possible.
You will also assist the Manager Customs Declarations in achieving team objectives and delivering service excellence to our clients.
Other key responsibilities include:
- To record and review customs declaration requests from clients;
- Update the systems with all relevant customs declaration information in an effective and efficient way;
- To check all relevant documentation on completeness and correctiveness;
- To record details of duties paid by P&O Ferrymasters and ensuring recovery from clients;
- Liaise with clients to ensure their customs declaration needs are met;
- Stay up to date with customs rules & regulations;
- To communicate with local authorities in terms of document requests and physical checks;
- To ensure sufficient information is received and shared with the carriers to maintain a smooth delivery service to final destination and avoid delays;
- Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required by your manager.
Who you areAs Customs Consultant you take responsibility, have a commercial drive and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a Customs & AEO qualification;
- Have experience in a similar role;
- Are organized with strong time-management skills;
- Are customer orientated;
- Able to quickly adjust;
- Are a real team player;
- Have good command of Dutch and English language, German is preferred;
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- Are willing to work in a shift pattern.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don't just want to attract the best in business - we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events