Join the team
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, responsible for delivering effective communications programs that reflect business conditions and objectives. The team consists of experienced colleagues and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers. As Employee Communications Adviser you'll be a key member of the Communications Team and report direly into the P&O Ferries Divisional Communications Manager.
As Employee Communications Adviser you will support the Divisional Communications Manager to deliver localised and company wide employee communications and engagement. This role will covers the whole of our ferries business and so there are some challenges on communicating ongoing messages. We have staff based in multiple ports across the UK and Europe as well as multiple working patterns both land based and seagoing.
You will work with the Divisional Communications Manager to help shape the employee engagement strategy which is aligned to the the business' Brand and Comms Strategy. This will encompass our parent company, DP World's corporate brand objectives which will allow our employees and stakeholders to understand and provide a common brand framework to work from.
You will take this strategy and execute it across a number of different channels. This will include email, newsletters, employee forums, events, roadshows and town halls. You will be tasked with providing creative ideas to bring alive the engagement plan and keep employees updated on key announcements from within the company.Who you are
As Employee Communications Adviser you have experience in delivering complex employee engagement programmes across multiple sites.
- Have a Bachelor's degree
- Have minimum three years corporate communications experience
- Have an understanding of effectively communicating messages across different work patterns
- Are a creative thinker and writer who understands message composition to different audiences
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills and working with people from all seniority levels
- Are able to juggle and prioritise multiple projects
- Are excellent in written and verbal English
- Are able to work on both strategic and tactical internal comms campaigns.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferries, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment.