Would you like to manage our Finance team and to improve the efficiency of the department? Apply now and join our ambitious team!
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced employees and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As Finance Manager you are responsible for all processes on the Finance Department.
This includes managing the employees, responsibility for timely invoicing, on time collection of outstanding debts, minimization of credit risks, accounts payable and optimization of related processes.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Managing the employees of the Finance Department;
- Setting targets and measuring the performance of the Finance Department;
- Safeguarding and optimizing the administrative processes;
- Executing and safeguarding P&O Ferrymasters policies in respect of credit control;
- Assuring timely invoicing to our customers and implementation and optimization of special invoice requirements (ITI, summary invoicing etc.) in accordance with tax regulations;
- Cash flow management;
- Managing the correct and timely allocation of payments to the outstanding invoices;
- Personal involvement or control over the progress of court cases with customers in relation to credit control;
- Representing the Finance Department in special projects;
- Maintaining relationships with customers (both internal and external);
- Query management;
- Pro-actively chasing internal departments for speedy updating in the operational systems in order to be able to process invoices and speed up cash collection;
- Pre-customer contract involvement in respect of tax and invoicing requirements;
- Following up on ad-hoc requests.
Who you are
As Finance Manager you take responsibility, you have a strong personality and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Have a completed Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Economics;
- Have experience in Finance (preferably in a Logistics environment);
- Have good command of Dutch and English language, other languages are preferred;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel;
- Are stress-resistant;
- Are customer orientated;
- Have your own transportation because our location is not accessible by public transport.