Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. You will act as an integral part of the P&O Ferrymasters senior management team and will be taking the lead in forming your Logistics Development Team that consists of experienced professionals. By teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As General Manager Logistics Development you will lead the Logistics Development Team in various projects to ensure the successful development of new logistics products, driving technology step changes, and creating in depth analysis tools. Next to this, you are responsible for project management of complex contract implementations, leading innovation by developing network modelling, cost reduction initiatives, initiatives to increase service levels, and strategic development of the network of P&O Ferrymasters
Other key responsibilities include:
- Translating digital innovation developments into solutions that ensure P&O Ferrymasters market leadership and cost reductions
- Establishing network wide processes and systems working closely with all involved functions; Operations, Sales, Customer Service, IT and the world-wide group of DP World companies and functions
- Establishing strong relationships with P&O Ferries and DP World product development to exploit synergies, to exceed efficiency goals, and to drive continuous process improvement
- Evaluation of fundamental processes and systems to fully align with strategic goals and key metrics to improve management and focus on service levels and costs
- Ensuring alignment with all global and regional metrics and having a strong focus on customer supply chain requirements
- Responsibility for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of projects and initiatives
- Leading the Logistics Development Team including coaching and motivating team members.
As General Manager Logistics Development you take responsibility, ownership and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of Bachelor’s degree-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics)
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Project Management role
- Have a proven track record within a logistics environment
- Have good command of the English language, Dutch or any other complimentary languages are preferred
- Have the capability to develop, coach and motivate team members
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and Project Management tools
- Have a high degree of analytical experience
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Have a proven ability to drive improvements and keep pace with ambitious business plans
- Have a demonstrated experience of driving and influencing change
- Are able to adapt in a fast changing and deadline driven environment
- Are able to think “Out of the box“.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don't just want to attract the best in business - we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package in line with the seniority of the position
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment
* An assessment may form part of the selection process.