Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced International Forwarders and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As International Forwarder with experience, you are responsible for a correct settlement of all chartering road & intermodal related transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved.
You are also responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the Customer Service department and hauliers in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Taking care of a correct settlement of all chartering related transport orders wherein P&O Ferrymasters customers wishes / demands are leading;
- Calculating and recalculating of dimensions, capacity, floor space and size / weight ratio, in order to gain maximum efficiency within legal standards;
- Communicating with hauliers so that an optimal service and loading rate can be achieved;
- Building constructive relationships with customers and suppliers in order to expand forwarding opportunities within the department and organisation;
- Administrative processing of data into the operational computer system, so that all departments / divisions will be kept informed correctly.
As International Forwarder you take responsibility and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics);
- Have a minimum of 2/3 years’ experience in a forwarding and / or chartering role;
- Have experience with the Eastern and Northern European market;
- Have good command of Italian, English and German language, complimentary EEC languages are preferred;
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages;
- Are customer oriented and have good geographical knowledge;
- Are able to create or attract new business opportunities, and think “Out of the box“.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don't just want to attract the best in business - we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment in a brand new office.