Join the team that drives logistics forward
As International Forwarder you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. This high service level is achieved by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation, with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
In this role you will be responsible for a correct settlement of all chartering related transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved.
You will also be responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the customers and hauliers, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Taking care of a correct settlement of all chartering transport orders wherein P&O Ferrymasters customers wishes / demands are leading
- Extensive knowledge of the International Road Transport on the East-West Corridor in terms of prices and purchase rates
- Calculating and recalculating of dimensions, capacity, floor space and size / weight ratio, in order to gain maximum efficiency within legal standards
- Communicating with drivers / hauliers so that an optimal service and loading rate can be achieved
- Building constructive relationships with customers and suppliers in order to expand forwarding opportunities within the department and organisation
- Administrative processing of data into the operational computer system, so that all departments / divisions will be kept informed correctly.
As International Forwarder you take responsibility and possess excellent communication- and influencing skills.
- Have chartering and trading skills
- Have a minimum of eight years' experience in a forwarding and / or chartering role
- Have experience with trade lanes to / from Western Europe to East, especially Balkan, Turkey, Iran etc. market
- Have g od knowledge of and contact with the haulage industry
- Are familiar with transport and customs documentation and processes
- Have good command of Turkish and English languages
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Are customer orientated and have good topographical knowledge
- Have a ‘Can-do’ mentality and affinity with creative entrepreneurship.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment in a brand new office.