Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced employees and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organization a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
In this job role you are responsible for selling all products of P&O Ferrymasters, by gaining new customers and enlarging volumes with existing customers, and for managing the Inside Sales department in Europoort in a target driven manner.
As Ocean Freight Coordinator you are responsible for activities involved with import and export shipments globally by providing exceptional customer service, promoting long-term customer relationships and customer loyalty by ensuring the timely delivery of all import and export shipments.
Other key responsibilities include:
- To manage end-to-end customer experience in compliance with company procedure
- To plan and prioritize operations efficiently to ensure maximum performance and minimum delays to avoid demurrage exposure and high costs
- To open the ocean booking with Ocean carriers and update the system accordingly
- To arrange truck transportation for pre-carriage and on-carriage
- To confirm the order collection to customers and share the booking details
- To coordinate the cargo collection or delivery with customers and hauliers
- To update the system with applicable rates
- To ensure all documents are provided in a timely manner to Ocean carriers, custom brokers and customers to keep the shipping process continuity
- To share the shipping manifestwith agencies and other overseas partners
- To track and monitor the entire process of cargo movement and keep customers up-to-date on movement details based on their expectations
- To monitor carrier’s service levels.
Who you are
As Ocean Freight Coordinator you take responsibility and possess excellent communication and coordinating skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO-level or equivalent (preferably in Logistics)
- Have at least 3 years of experience in Deepsea, transport / logistics
- Have vast experience in Customer Service
- Have good command of Dutch and English language, additional European languages are preferred
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Have your own transportation because our location is not accessible by public transport.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don't just want to attract the best in business - we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Option to buy extra leave days
- Variety of team-building events