Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be directly linked to the Managing Director P&O Ferrymasters / Director of Freight Services P&O Ferries. This double role means you will be working in and for 2 Business Units meaning you will need to lean the ins and outs of 2 companies at the same time. Seasoned professionals from both Business Units will welcome you to the business and help you getting familiar with their respective fields of expertise.
As Personal Assistant you will provide high quality executive personal assistance and administrative support to the Director. Providing an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service, helping the Director to manage and prioritize his time, and thus being able to perform his job in the most efficient way possible.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing incoming information flows (mail, telephone, etc.) by selecting, organizing and recording information and preparing action to be taken
- Taking stock of questions, problems and intentions and indicating possible directions for solutions within given powers; providing general advice
- Editing and layout of correspondence, reports, notes, etc. (in Dutch and English)
- Preparation of monthly board report, (performance) data collection and compilation
- Keeping the agenda and making appointments within a given framework
- Organising and arranging internal and external meetings according to agreements and inviting those involved, arranging facilities, etc.
- Organising and coordinating accommodation for business trips
- Keeping track of holidays, illness
- Preparing, supervising and following up meetings by, among other things, drawing up the agenda, arranging the location, collecting and distributing documents, noticing/writing reports and promoting compliance with the agreements made
- Ensuring that assigned projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with project management principles
- Carrying out common secretarial tasks.
Who you are
As Personal Assistant you take responsibility, operate efficiently and accurately, and integrity is of the utmost importance.
- Have a recognized professional Secretary qualification or equivalent degree
- Preferably have at least 2 years experience in a secretarial environment, preferably in the Logistics sector
- Have strong communication and organizational skills
- Have good working knowledge of Dutch and English language, extra languages are preferred
- Possess excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Take initiative, are able to work independently, and are flexible
- Are discrete and trustworthy
- Are in possession of own transportation as our location is not accessible by public transport.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don't just want to attract the best in business - we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package in line with the seniority of the position
- Option to buy extra leave days
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment.