Join the team that drives logistics forward
As Sales Manager, reporting into the General Manager Sales Italy, you will be a key member of the Sales team.
Working within the Italian sales territory, the key purpose of this role is to acquire good quality new business from potential clients, whilst ensuring that revenue opportunities are always maximised. You will have the ability to establish and build trusting relationships with new clients at various levels along with a strong ability to influence, negotiate and make key decisions.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Playing an active part in the company’s commercial development and contributing innovative ideas for the development of the Pan-European businesses
- Establishing close relationships with new key customers, ensuring that all potential business opportunities are explored
- Offering sustainable solutions that create real value to all level executives in the customer community
- Promoting transparent communication and involvement of all levels of staff within the business, to enhance a sense of unity
- Meeting challenges of the future by being on top of market and customer developments and trends, with the aim of shaping a desirable and time resilient customer value proposition
- Representing the company at various customer and prospect related platforms
- Close cooperation with the company’s European tender desk.
As Sales Manager you must have experience in the commercial process at a strategic level. You are highly motivated to acquire new strategic business, and at the same time will perfectly understand the fit with internal business needs and goals.
- Have at least a completed Bachelor’s degree in a recognized professional Commercial and/or Logistics management study or equivalent degreeAre educated to a Bachelor level or equivalent
- Have at least 5 years of coherent work experience in an international environment in all areas of the Logistics industry, and have spent the last 2 years in a senior sales or business development position
- Have at least 5 years of experience in selling 3PL and/or 4PL solutions
- Have strong communication skills and innovative mindset
- Have influencing and negotiating skills
- Are a self-starter with excellent organisational skills
- Possess excellent presentation skills and use of PowerPoint
- Fluently speak English, any other language will be positively appreciated
- Are willing to travel on regular basis (60% of working week) in order to visit (potential) customers.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don't just want to attract the best in business - we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package in line with the seniority of the position
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment.