Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced Shipping Clerks and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As Shipping & Rail Representative you are responsible for a correct settlement of all transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities for the container shipments via Rail and Sea. You will also be responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication with other involved departments, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to a correct settlement of all transport orders, in which the demands / wishes of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters are leading
- Booking and tracking shipments and Intermodal transport through optimal routing and checking of commitment by Ferries and Rail
- Communicating with Ferries and Rail suppliers in such a way that an optimal service can be achieved
- Keeping statistics and providing reports
- Reporting of empty equipment
- Control, authorisation and cost reservation of Repair activities
- Registration of claims and assistance regarding claims
- Checking if updates by the planning department are made in a correct and timely manner
- Be aware of, and act in accordance with, all P&O Ferrymasters policies
- Bring to the attention of your manager any matter that could be detrimental to the wellbeing of the Company.
Who you are
As Shipping & Rail Representative you take responsibility, have perseverance and possess strong communication skills.
- Are educated to a minimum of HBO-level or equivalent (preferably in Logistics)
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a shipping role
- Have good command of English languages, additional European languages are preferred
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Are customer orientated and have good topographical knowledge
- Are able to quickly adjust
- Are accurate.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment.