Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for ensuring timely shipping of our trailers in most optimal routing. Your team consists of experienced Shipping Planners and Specialists, and by teaming up with internal and external shipping suppliers, and other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; an efficient and compliant shipping process is being achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
As Shipping Planner you are responsible for a correct settlement of all bookings with ferry suppliers, including optimal routing decisions, and fulfilment of customs and customers' needs in relation to the shipping process.
You will also be responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of information and communication between the (ferry) suppliers, customs, port community systems, the customer service department, planning departments, and other external stakeholders.
In order to maintain a correct and timely flow of information and communication, in this position you might be working in alternating shifts from Monday to Friday between 7.00 and 20.00 hours.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Selecting optimal routing for the available orders, by taking into account agreed transit times, available shipping capacity and cost efficiency
- Accurate and timely updating of the Transport Management System
- Booking ferry space with internal and external suppliers
- Pro-active communication of bottle-necks regarding capacity or service levels
- Providing additional care to shipment of orders related to ADR / IMDG, customs clearance, waste and temperature control
- Maintaining good relationship with ferry suppliers.
Who you are
As Shipping Planner you are eager to learn and develop new tasks and processes, are engaging in the duties you perform and are a good team-player.
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics)
- Have experience in office work; experience in a transport / logistics environment is preferred
- Have good command of English language; additional Dutch or German language skill is preferred
- Work at high speed and accuracy
- Can organise your work well
- Are able to learn new software tools in a rapid manner
- Have ability to balance priorities in a fast-moving environment.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Option to buy extra leave days
- Variety of team-building events.