Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for delivering the highestquality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced employees and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aimof achieving the very best for our customers.
As Solution Design Engineer you will be responsibe for the development of compelling proposals, solutions and business cases to secure new business for both new and existing customers.
You will also be responsible for analysing and reporting on data, creating detailed cost models and presentations to support the approval of projects from all internal and external project stakeholders and ensuring that P&O Ferrymasters stays up-to-date with the latest products, solutions and trends in the logistics amrket.
Other key responsibilities include:
- To develop accurate cost models and clear analysis studies on customer data
- Support the development of request for quotation proposals
- Assist the Leadership Team “Central Commercial Organisation” in the research and preparation of various assignments
- To support the development of business cases when requested
- Support the development of business intelligence tools as our leading tool for engineering analysis and KPI management
- Lead the development of complex deisgn supply chain solutions covering warehousing, Intermodal, road, marine for both for European and Global projects
- Ensuring that P&O Ferrymasters is full abreast of all new and advanced technology available for the development of complex supply chain solutions
- Support the project team in the implementation of new projects
- Continuously search for ways to improve the efficiency of the Leadership Team
- To produce engineering solutions that lead directly to cost down improvements or new business wins with new and existing clients
- Undertake specific projects as defined on the agreed years and quarterly targets
- Take the lead as project manager on specific projects when requested.
As Solution Design Engineer you take responsibility and ownership and you must have knowledge of logistics, supply chain, European transport and warehousing.
- Are educated to a minimum Degree (preferably in logistics)
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have knowledge of the logistics, transportation and warehousing solution design markets
- Possess excellent presentation skills
- Have good command of Dutch and English language, third language is preferred
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Have strong communication skills and innovative mindset
- Are acting cost effectively
- Are a Team Leader
- Are willing to travel as required.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Option to buy extra leave days
- Free travel offers with P&O Ferries.