Join the team that drives logistics forward
As Specialist Intermodal Operations you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. This high service level is achieved by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation, with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
You will be responsible for a correct settlement of all transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved. You will also be responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the Customer Service department and hauliers, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- To coordinate planning based on shipping information received
- To coordinate formalities with customs authorities in Turkey
- To ensure local support is providing an enhanced service to Turkish and European customers and receivers
- To monitor operational performance and to prepare KPI reports
- To combine loads to optimize the load factor, taking in account of loading/unloading areas, wishes/demands of clients, transit times, specific load characteristics and combined loading regulations
- To communicate with drivers / hauliers so that an optimal service and loading rate can be achieved
- To make sure that all changes, delays, extra costs and/or calamities are communicated internally to the Customer Services department and to drivers/hauliers
- To administratively process data into the operational computer system, so that all departments / divisions will be kept informed correctly
- To decide which loads can be handled by our own fleet and which loads will have to be chartered, so that an optimal balance will be created for our own fleet
- To manage stock levels in Turkey with aim at reducing the associated demurrage costs at terminals and find optimal solutions with our subcontractors to alleviate these standing charges.
Who you are
As Specialist – Intermodal Operations you take responsibility and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
So you are / have:
- Are educated at least to a Bachelor level or equivalent (preferably in Logistics)
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of International Intermodal Transport on the East-West Corridor in terms of prices and purchase rates
- Experience with trade lanes to / from Western Europe to East, especially Balkan, Turkey etc. market
- Familiar with transport and customs documentation and processes
- Good knowledge of and contact with the haulage industry
- A ‘Can-do’ mentality and affinity with creative entrepreneurship
- Good command of Turkish and English languages
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Good topographical knowledge and you are customer orientated.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Pleasant and comfortable work environment in a brand new office.