Join the team that drives logistics forward
You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, which is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate checking and processing of information received from our customers. Your team consists of experienced Customer Service Representatives and Transport Administration Assistants, and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; an efficient order process and high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
Your roleAs Transport Planner you will be responsible for a correct settlement of all transport orders of the customers of P&O Ferrymasters, linked to the administrative and operational activities of all employees involved.
You will also be responsible for maintaining a correct and timely flow of communication between the Customer Service department and hauliers / assets drivers, in order to achieve optimal performance and maximum return.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Combining loads to optimize the load factor
- Calculating and recalculating of dimensions, capacity, floor space and size / weight ratio, in order to gain maximum efficiency within legal standards
- Making sure that all changes, delays, extra costs and / or calamities are communicated to the Customer Service Department, who will inform the customers
- Confirming, or taking care of confirmation of the above to the drivers / hauliers
- Deciding which loads can be handled by our own fleet and which loads should be chartered, so that an optimal balance will be created for our own fleet
- Reducing so-called “empty kilometers” by combining loads
- Checking data after loading and comparing this data with booking details.
As Transport Planner you take responsibility and possess excellent communication- and influencing skills
- Are educated to a minimum of MBO-level or equivalent (preferably in logistics)
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have good command of Dutch and English language
- Have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Are customer orientated and have good topographical knowledge
- Have your own transportation because our location is not accessible by public transport.
Do you not yet possess the above mentioned criteria, but are a junior candidate with aspirations to become a Transport Planner? Please do still apply, so together we can investigate to see if you have what it takes! An educational training programme on-the-job will be available for candidates with the right attitude.
How you'll benefit
At P&O Ferrymasters, we don’t just want to attract the best in the business – we want to keep them as part of our team. You can progress to your full potential with a range of perks, rewards and development opportunities.
- Growth and training opportunities
- Competitive salary package
- Variety of team-building events
- Option to buy extra leave days.